Fish is one of the healthiest foods we can eat, right? Not always. You need to get wild caught, not farm raised, if you want to make a healthy meal. I came across wild caught flounder in BJ’s Wholesale Club (think Costco or Sam’s Club) a few months ago and bought a bag. I love white fish and the rest of my people love any kind of fish, so I figured we’d have fish for dinner.
Because I was so used to cooking one way (the unhealthy way), I had to figure out how to cook this stuff and have it be edible. Naturally, I took to Pinterest for inspiration. While I found a lot of interesting recipes, nothing jumped out at me shouting “Hey! Cook me!”. So, I did what anyone else would do…I threw some stuff together and this is what I came up with.
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut up
- 20 oz wild caught flounder fillets, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 13x9 baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place fillets in baking dish and add just enough water to cover the bottom.
- Place butter on top of fillets and add minced garlic.
- Sprinkle with dill.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes, or until white and flaky.
This is one of my favorite dishes to make! It’s quick and easy and there aren’t a lot of dishes involved. I usually serve broccoli (my favorite!) with this but any green veggie would work. If you’re looking for something quick, easy, healthy, and different for dinner, this is it! Give it a try!